Fairly quickly would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If not

Try one of the many phone repair shops. They can often unlock older phones

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Judithwell thanks for your post here in the Community - I hope you are well.

Can you advise where you purchased your phone from please? Was it from Virgin Mobile?

Usually, once your phone contract is paid off then the phone itself becomes unlocked.

Please let us know if you need anymore help?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom I bought it through virgin mobile. When I put in the new sim it didn't register. I assumed the phone was still locked. It is about 9 or 10 years old.

Hi @Judithwell thanks for your reply.

So it would seem that this is due to the fact the phone is so old unfortunately, anything after 2013 would mean the phone is automatically unlocked but it would seem this must be older, as it is still locked.

Sadly, as all of our mobile operations have now gone over to O2, we no longer have access to the Virgin Mobile systems to be able to unlock the device itself.

We appreciate this will be a disappointment and do apologise for this.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom thank you for your help. I'll try O2 just to see if they can help. If not maybe a new pay as you go phone is the answer. Thanks again 

Judith

Hi @Judithwell thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do doubt that O2 will be able to help unlock as it did belong to Virgin Mobile originally from before the migration.

However if not, then you would need to purchase a new phone it would appear. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Many thanks

Tom_W

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If not

Try one of the many phone repair shops. They can often unlock older phones

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thank you, its probably the only way to do it.