Menu
vimla99
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help - not receiving SMS texts abroad

Hi - urgently need help.

In Delhi city centre, India, and I have checked international barring is off, in my 'manage services' in profile.

Roaming is working, because it has connected to Vodafone India, and there is a full 5 bars signal. I've received the Welcome message from Virgin Media via text yesterday when I landed, informing me of t the various charges while roaming.

However, today I am not receiving any SMS text messages - I have an urgent bank transaction that relies on receiving SMS to this phone. I am not receiving this text. I have also sent a dummy test SMS text message to myself from my son, and again I am not receiving the text.

Why are the text messages not getting through?? I need access to the texts for the bank transactions to pay for hotels etc. while I am here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help - not receiving SMS texts abroad

Hello vimla99,

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem with your network at the moment, are you able to do a manual network search? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
vimla99
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe - thanks - I am not sure what happened, but I just did a 'restart' and a lot of messages have just come flooding through. Hopefully no more hiccups!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant Smiley Happy Glad to hear that. 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos