cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Setting up a WIFI dongle

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi,
I have just received a Huawei Wi-Fi dongle and VM SIM card and looking for guidance on how to use the device.

I have spoken to 10 (TEN ) people this morning in customer services. As soon as you say Wi-Fi they think its a broadband issue and so-on and so-on. We have been passed from one department after another. 10 and counting.
I've had to order this at my own expense as we're informed of an outage next week and I really need internet connectivity. The timing could not be worse. Virgin will not move the date despite two hours on the phone. The only advice was to get a 4G dongle. £60 for a month.

I am looking for guidance on how to set up the device. There is no instructions other than a small leaflet from Huawei referencing their own site. Nothing else in the box and I cannot find any advice for Wi-Fi dongles. All the mobile device guides are phones.
Is there no guidance on Virgin media as how to set them up?  Can the device be plugged into a laptop using the supplied cable or is it used via Wi-Fi only?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What model?

If it is working as WiFi can you see the SSID name when you search from your computer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

I think there's  only one from huawei.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/mobile-broadband

In the end we discovered the password was inside the device.

In the sale we were told we could upgrade the data allowance but reached a dead-end with that as well. Apparently not

Thanks 

Another question :
When charging, the signal strength meter switches off until it's unplugged.

Is that normal?

Also what is the difference between the Wi-Fi key and the Wi-Fi password?

As I said before there is no documentation from Virgin with this device

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.manua.ls/huawei/e5576-320/manual?p=4

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks