cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed, O2 No Use In Resolving Mobile So Far

RichardML86
Joining in

Okay so since the switch over from VM to O2 I've been plagued by nothing but problems, from poor signal, inability to receive calls, and most annoyingly, the fact that all calls I receive, from anyone in my contacts list, come through as 'Unknown'. I've pulled the sim, restarted multiple times, toggled caller ID on and off, manually tried selecting the provider etc all to no avail.

Contacted O2 through FB messenger exactly a week ago, as I was advised on their website, and they are slow to respond and have so far provided no help or assistance.

This situation is made worse because I'm a carer and right now I have a family member in the hospital, so I need to know exactly who's calling me in case I miss the call, I can at least call them back instead of staring at a long call log full of 'Unknown'.

6 REPLIES 6

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RichardML86,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your SIM card. 

To confirm, are you using a O2 SIM card or is it a Virgin Mobile SIM card on the O2 network?

^Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your phone a Motorola? They seem to be the main make having caller ID problems

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Virgin Sim on the O2 Network.

Yeah, it is a Moto, an Edge 20.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep. Seems to be Motorola popping up all over the place on the O2 Community 

Suggest you post there as its not something Virgin are able to address now you are on O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @RichardML86, thanks for getting back to us.

Just to add to the advice by offered the amazing enlli, I would recommend contacting O2 via Twitter or by contacting them on one of their other contact methods. Also, the O2 Twitter handle is: @O2.

Regards

Lee_R