Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help - Emergency Calls Only

I have just changed to Virgin Mobile Network. Kept same phone. Received the sim yesterday. I put the correct sim card into my phone but it is still not picking up the Virgin Mobile Network so I can't input the unlock code. The Wi-fi on the phone is working fine through home network. (Not Virgin). 

Instructions seemed to suggest I'd be up and running in no time which was important to me as I'm waiting for a phone call from work to have kit delivered so I can start working from home.

Can anyone help with reasons it's not picking up the Virgin Mobile network ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help - Emergency Calls Only

Hi Joy62, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response.

It may be that the new SIM needed activating - though I'd hope that's been sorted for you by now?

If not, please send me a PM confirming the mobile number (or the address the account is registered to) and I'll get back to you asap.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

It turned out that previous provider had a lock on the phone.

I've now put a request in to have it unlocked.

Hopefully once that's sorted I'll be able to pick up the new provider's signal.

Thanks for your reply though.

Joy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying. Sorry didn't get back to you sooner. It turned out that the previous provider had locked the phone and it took a while for me to get it unlocked.

I've got another question for you if you don't mind.

I want to change my billing date so the payment comes out at the beginning of the month rather than the end. I've looked at all the guidance but I keep going round in circles and cant find anywhere to request the change. Would you be able to help with this at all please.

Joy62

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI joy62, we will send you a private message to look in to this for you. - Chris 

0 Kudos