Menu
Kirsten2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haven't received a new sim card.

I keep getting texts telling me that I will have my mobile cut off if I don't install a new sim. I haven't received a new sim card and there seems to be no way of getting hold of any one at Virgin who actually understands this. 

I don't need a new sim as my phone is working perfectly as it is. Is there anyway to stop them cutting me off? I didn't request a new sim. I didn't receive a new sim, so they have no right to cut me off. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Haven't received a new sim card.

Hi Kirsten2, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that some concern has been caused regarding a new SIM card, I can appreciate you're keen to keep using the services. 

We're giving all customers a new SIM card to ensure they're getting the best from the changes we've made, we've been doing this for quite a while now but some customers are yet to insert the next SIM. 

Whilst your current SIM might be working fine we do need you to use one of our new ones but I can appreciate this is hard as you've not received it. 

I'd love to get you a new one sent so I'm going to pop you a personal message to confirm some details and we'll take it from there.

Emma_C - Forum Team
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details you provided Kirsten2. 

A new SIM is now on it's way to you and will arrive within 3-5 days. 

Please follow the instructions on how to activate it but if you need any help let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Kirsten2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for sorting that out Emma. 

0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well done Kirsten - they seem to reply to some customers and not others.

Many of us still without sim cards and on the brink of being cut off after many years of paying Virgin for mobile service.

Kirsten2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryso, 

It looks like a spoke too soon. The sim card didn't arrive, but they still cut me off apparently this morning without my knowledge and despite me messaging them and asking them not to.

I've been made redundant thanks to COVID and was desperately awaiting a very important call this morning regarding a possible offer of work which didn't come through because of this. I am so angry, this is disgusting. I don't even need a new sim card, as I don't even have a smartphone!! All I needed was a phone that can make and receive calls and texts reliably and they couldn't even deliver that!!

A "media" company that can't even provide a basic phone service!! 

😞

0 Kudos