Menu
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have i got a 5G sim contract.

Hi,i have posted on here the same a while ago.

Could anyone confirm my SIM contract is on 5G, and I'm on the Vodafone network, my contract was re-done on the 17th march for 12 months, and it's the £10 a month one with 15GB data and others are unlimited,my both phones are 5g and turned on (OnePlus 8 pro and Galaxy s20 plus)

I did have the contract before same sim only deal but being i had the contract before when i renewed did it go onto 5G/Vodafone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have i got a 5G sim contract.

Simple way is to do a manual network search. IF EE shows up but Vodafone is missing then you are are running on Vodafone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jace1969

Thank you for your post regarding 5G.

If you log in to virg.in/youracc you will be able to see what SIM plan you are on.

To get 5G, you'll need a 5G plan with us, as well as a 5G-compatible device and 5G network coverage 🙂

Let me know how you get on with the link,

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Have looked at that page and all i can see is plan Media 15gb+unlimited.

When i rang up in March to renew the contract they said i would be on Vodafone as i have renewed a new contract when i did.

I have tested it on my galaxy s20+ where i know i can get 5g and it comes up a few months ago but why i asked is i have a oneplus 8 pro 5g and same place i can only see 4g+ but about 2 months ago i got 5g up there so just seeing if anything gone on since all the changes.

I don't know if you can check my contract in some way to see if it is on 5g

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969. Did you get 5G on the s20+ before or after upgrading?  I'll be happy to take a look and see if we can clear things up for you from here - just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got it after the upgrade,well i say upgrade i just rang up and renewed the same contract and person said more than likely i will be on Vodafone which is 5G.

I have also done the check on my phone to select my own network and i don't get 1 at all to go onto Vodafone but there are 3 saying virgin so as person said above if its not there i must be on it.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @jace1969.

When looking into this I can see you're account is all fine for 5G, however there's no coverage for 5G available in your area unfortunately.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

There may be areas close by which do have 5G coverage which may explain why you were able to connect to it at some point, however the coverage where you are wouldn't be strong enough to maintain a decent connection to 5G as things stand. Hopefully that's something that will be improved on in future.

Tom 

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks a lot for your help and so fast.

So 100% I'm on Vodafone and 5G.

Good to know.

Thanks.