cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I moved over to o2 coverage?

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hi all,

I'm wondering if my coverage is now being provided by o2 in my area or if its still Vodafone? I've been told its switched to o2 now but yet when i do speed tests it still says Vodafone?

just curious! thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @djr_uk 

Thanks for your response

Great to hear this is all cleared up for you now, be sure to contact us if you do ever require any further assistance

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They say everyone was changed over by the end of last year. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @djr_uk, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

All Virgin Mobile customers should now have sim cards that are supported by O2 - with some customers issued new sim cards.

Can you please confirm when you were last issued a new sim card?

What happens when you perform a manual network search on your device when you disconnect from Virgin Mobile and then re-connect to Virgin Mobile?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

cje85
Trouble shooter

Vodafone operate some speedtest servers so that may be what you're seeing.

Smoggy239
Up to speed

Hi djr_uk,

If you have an iPhone there is a code , *3001#12345#* , which if you enter via the phone key pad and tap send gives access to hidden information. In my case ( iPhone 7 ) I get a screen showing " Dashboard" above a Home symbol, tap the symbol on the right hand side ( 3 lines + dots ) and you should get "All Metrics", tap " Virgin" then "RAT" (serving cell info). The top line "PLMN" identifies the carrier, in my case 234 10 ( on Sim issued in July when I joined Virgin ), 2 is Europe, 34 is UK and 10 means O2, EE would be 30 or 33, Vodafone  15 and Three would be 20. Hopefully this will be helpful to customers who are unsure as to whether they have been transferred to O2 or not. 

Regards,

Dave

August 2021 was when I joined virgin mobile ironically from o2

Hi @djr_uk,

Sorry for any confusion here. As I can see has been mentioned earlier in this thread, all Virgin Mobile customers will now have been moved over to have their services provided from the O2 network and local masts.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hi dave thanks for this. yep mine is 234 10.

will it stop saying virgin mobile at one point and say o2 in the top left? 

cje85
Trouble shooter

Only when you're moved over to an O2 plan later this year. For now you're still on Virgin Mobile but the underlying network is O2. 

Brilliant that clears it all up! 

thanks all!