cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handset Trade Error - No Returns Pkg

1986taylor
Joining in
I upgraded my phone last week after your colleagues called me and offered me a deal to upgrade early.  I was strongly encouraged. I agreed to trade in my phone and upgrade early as my existing handset covers the cost of the remainder to pay. 

I changed my address over the phone with your colleague (as I’ve moved) and it shows as correct on my account.

I received my new phone Friday 28th April but not without fault. Yodel advised they were delivering to fenwick tower farm which is a different house behind ours. I managed to receive my new phone by showing my identification.
I have received an email from your service stating that you’ve not yet received my old phone, warning me if I do not send it back I’ll be paying for two phones.  However I have received no trade in package to be able to send it back. 

I’ve been on the phone (and texting) many different departments within your service and it’s got me nowhere. No one has been able to help. I cannot get through to likewize, I’ve been on hold  for nearly one hour and still not got through. 
It just seems now the deal has been done (albeit incorrectly) no one is bothered to resolve the issue and offer any service. Im not even getting poor service, just no service at all. I’ve talked to many different people and all transfer me and I am on hold for nearly 60 minutes to likewize. 

I'll end up cancelling my direct debits as I'm not paying for the huge error on your company's part. 
[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @1986taylor,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry that you had a poor experience ordering your new phone.

Have you made sure that your delivery address was correct before placing the order? We would not delivery to another location unless this was listed as a delivery address.

When did you send your old phone to us? As per our Trade In FAQ section at the bottom of the page - please allow 2-3 working days for Royal Mail to deliver your device to us. We’ll send a text to you the day we receive it. In some cases delivery can take longer, so if you don’t hear from us within 5 working days of sending, you should contact Royal Mail on 0845 774 0740.

To speak to our team about this issue further, you can call the dedicated team on 0800 052 2129 or I can submit a dedicated form for you. Let me know what you'd prefer to do.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

thanks for getting back to me. Yes I changed my address and the address on my account is correct. I have tried many times to speak with departments. Can you please submit a dedicated form. 

I haven’t sent my phone back as I received no trade in package? I need the trade in package to be sent out. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @1986taylor,

Thanks for coming back to me about this. Sorry that you've tried to get in touch with the team with little success. I'll do all I can to help.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and look into this further for you. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Pauline 

I’ve not heard back and had yet another email from virgin warning me I haven’t sent my old handset back. The link when I try to request a trade in package doesn’t work. I’m at my wits end. I’ll cancel my direct debit. I’m not paying for phones 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @1986taylor,

Apologies for not coming back to you over the weekend, I have now responded to your Private Message. please get back to me as soon as you can so that we can discuss this further.

We would advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this will not stop payments being added to your account. This can result in arrears and late payment fees being added. As well as this, doing so can negatively impact your credit score.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hello Pauline 

I only plan to cancel the direct debit for my new agreement which I am not using. I have no intention of cancelling my existing plan. However I should not pay for a phone I am not using. It is virgins fault. I should not be affected and pay out more which is looking more and more likely as the days go on. I cannot believe that for all the departments I have spoken to and complaints raised, no returns package has been sent out. 

Hi Pauline. 

you sent me a private message advising that virgin were going to contact me yesterday. I’ve had no call or email. Please can you or someone contact me urgently to resolve this. I can’t afford to pay for two phones. 

Hi 1986taylor 👋 thank you for coming back to us publicly! 

Sorry to hear you are awaiting further contact from the team regarding your ongoing issues and complaint. It is most likely they have not been able to get in touch as of yet if you have not received contact, but will do so as soon as they can! We thank you for your patience in the meantime. 
If you need further assistance you can also reply to Paulina's PM directly so she can continue to offer support. 

All the best 🌞

Molly