cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had o2 sim 3 days now but the VM one won’t go off.

icliddle
Joining in

Hi I was told my service would transfer to o2 on the 24th and not to put the new o2 sim in until the virgin mobile service went off. It’s the 28th now and VM still going strong. Is this normal?

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @icliddle,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your O2 SIM migration.

It can take a few days for the migration to fully move all of your details over to the O2 systems. Please just use the O2 SIM card from now on as the Virgin Mobile will stop working once all details have been migrated.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you very much.

How do I activate visual voicemail? or should I join an o2 community help group now for help?

If you click this link, this will give you a step by step on how to activate your voicemail Icliddle.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have found out in the meantime since my post that the switchover hasn't worked properly, on my O2 sim I can dial out and text out, but if anyone rings in they get my VM voicemail.

Currently on the phone to O2 and they first wanted me to get me to turn off my VM voicemail by dialling 1760 on my O2 SIM card, which sadly isn't going to do anything. Now they are currently calling VM to see what's happening. 

I could scream lol

Sorry to see this journey hasn't been as smooth as we wanted it to be ☹.

Please let us know what happens when you speak to our team. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

At the moment I can call out and text out but most people can't call or text me when I'm using my O2 SIM card. When most people call me they get the VM voicemail but only two people so far can actually call me on my O2 SIM card. It's well weird.

As I had a VM eSIM I have had to do this step onto a physical O2 SIM but when I get the O2 eSIM pack tomorrow in the post it will all come together properly 🤞

Not as seamless as VM/O2 had hoped but hopefully will come right tomorrow.

O2 eSIM came this morning, supposedly would sort out the no calls or texts issue on O2, guess what when trying to set eSIM up... "We will text you a 6 digit code to make sure it's really you"...

Guess what? Can't receive texts... helpful