Menu
gazzy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Had a phone call from virgin

Hi, last couple of days i've had a call from virgin offering me an upgrade from my 'sim only contract' to a brand new phone deal.

I just wanted to confirm that this was legit and not a phishing scam ?

Can anybody check and confirm that I have indeed been contacted by virgin and not a scammer?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had a phone call from virgin

Hello @gazzy1 

They will indeed contact you. My mum is with Virgin Mobile and they contacted her to upgrade.

However they will never ask for you bank details etc. Pulled this from Virgin Media Help website: 

“Like many organisations and banks, we will never call our customers and ask for their bank details.” 

Hope this helps 😀

gazzy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate.. I was asked to confirm my name, address and they asked for my virgin password and 3 letters from my secret question.

I couldn't answer my password as I couldn't remember it at the time.

Said they would send an email for me to sign/confirm my new order but I've not seen one in my inbox (yet) .
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They will ask you to confirm your name, address and password. If you can remember they will either ask you security questions to reset it or like you said, send an email to confirm. 

Please double check your spam / not important folders as they may end up in there. If not wait a couple of days as the phones are usually delivered next day. If the phone hasn’t arrived or you haven’t received an email then just get back in contact with them. 

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Gazzy1.

If you're ever wary you can hang up and call us on our confirmed numbers which are 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 600 0789.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos