cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gong round in circles

max_daniel
Joining in

I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to join Virgin Mobile, I have never experienced anything like it.

My wife and I placed an order for one of the iPhone contract deals on 9th March and expected it to arrive the next day. 2 days later, we enquired about the orders as the status was Parked. We had then been told that the order had been cancelled which no one informed us of. We then went through and reprocessed our orders through Live Chat. We were told it was all complete and we would receive our handsets the following day. We then get an update to say that our handsets have been returned to sender and so we spent all day on the phone with Virgin and speaking through Live Chat trying to do anything to find out what was going on but literally no one could help us. I then filed a complaint which someone did call me back and explained our orders went straight to their fraud department, fair enough, I understood this happens to people and got on with it. I was told there would be a decision made to remove the fraud flag or not within 14 days. During this time, I was told we would have to file an indemnity claim through our bank as Virgin had taken the money from us and were unable to refund it themselves, which we did.

We have now had the fraud flag removed from both our accounts and tried to reprocess the order 2 nights ago but we were told we had to contact the bank to reinstate the direct debit. We both spoke to our banks yesterday and they had reinstated both mandates so they said all should be okay to set up. We then called Virgin last night and were told we can't have a handset because of our credit rating but can apply for a SIM only. Honestly? We have never had so much trouble trying to buy a phone.

I don't understand how last month we passed the credit check, everything was fine, we were just unlucky that our orders had been passed straight to fraud, and now we have spent all this time getting the flag removed, we can't pass a credit check!?

We have got a new broadband package with Virgin now and really wanted to get our new phones with them but I'm at a loss as to what more we can do.

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Everytime you  reordered O2 would do a credit check, that has thrown your credit rating to the wall.

Quite frankly that's what needs sorting out rather than the handsets

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's a good point, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Can they not see that it's them running the check every time that's caused this though? Is it even possible for this to be sorted out?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've seen it happen with someone ordering through O2, Virgin may well be the same.

You won't know till Experian update their files and you can see them listed.

What I'm going to do is Flagg your post for attention 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @max_daniel, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the order being parked.
We would advise to ring our mobile sales team on 0800 052 0238 and they will be able to advise on the order and see the status of it and what needs to be done in-order to get it continued.
Let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

My question isn't on the status of the order as the order is no longer Parked. Our original order was completely removed from your system after the fraud flag was removed hence why we had to place a new order, which Virgin are saying they can't do.

I've spoken to multiple people on the phone and no one is able to help me which is why I am now trying to resolve the issue here.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ilyas_Y Please read the original post

Thanks for the reply @max_daniel on the forums.

I'll investigate this further for you.
I'll send a private message, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

.@Ilyas_Y I messaged you straight back yesterday but have not received a response.

Have you been able to look into this any further please?

Thanks for the reply @max_daniel on the public thread.

I have not been in office last two days but will continue with this now.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team