Menu
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Getting billed twice for Oomph

I changed recently to Fibre Broadband Oomph, which comes with a 15GB Oomph SIM included in the bundle.

However, now I'm getting a separate bill for the mobile contract on top of the bundle I've got.

I just spent 2 hours trying to get through the chat without much luck.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting billed twice for Oomph

Normally with Oomph the mobile is on a separate account but providing you operate the SIM within the allowances their should be no charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I agree, it shouldn't. Yet it is.

0 Kudos
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh annoying. First I get through to the mobile people who say they can't do it since it's a broadband bundle. Then I get through to the cable side guys who say they can't do it since it's a mobile contract problem!

Ugh. The third stop is to call the Oomph team who should have magic powers to access both mobile and cable side..

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barleyman, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your new package. 

Taking a look at things this end, it appears as though the SIM was set up on a chargeable tariff instead of the oomph plan. It looks as though you spoke to someone who explained this to you according to the notes left on the account. If this isn't the case I can only apologise. 

We can look at getting things sorted for you here however we would need to do a web chat as we will need to go through some things, including a credit check. If you're happy to do that with us then let me know a time you are free between 10am and 3pm tomorrow so I can schedule you in. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've got the problem figured out all right, it's been an uphill struggle to get the support guys understand I want to merge the accounts, though.

As far as credit check, why? Its not a new contract, you already did that..

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us on this 🙂

I have booked you in with my colleague Rob for tomorrow at 11am. He will pop link here to connect to him directly. 

The credit check is a requirement by the FCA I'm afraid and isn't something we can get around. There will be some things we need to send you, script wise too. 

I've snoozed this conversation for tomorrow now and hopefully all will be sorted by the time the web chat is over 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No link?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you can click this link  and complete the requested information in the pop up window it will bring you through to myself Barleyman. I will leave the link open until 11.45.

Rob

0 Kudos
Barleyman
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So near, yet so far. I got a note from VirginBot you're going to kill the active SIM we're using and keep something I don't even have...

We’ve been doing some routine checks and noticed you had too many SIMs included in your Oomph bundle. We’ve now sorted things out so you’re getting the right service.

What this means for you

In 30 days your mobile plan for {phonenumberIwanttokeep} will become deactivated; after this date you will no longer be able to use your Virgin Mobile services on these SIM(s). Up until this date you will still be able to switch out your number. You can find out how to switch out here. We will retain your Oomph tariff on {phonenumberIdon'tseeonmyaccount}.

0 Kudos