Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Getting Deactivated number back

I am desperate to get back my old mobile number which I had with Virgin Mobile, the number is still linked to my online (contract) account and does not ring when I call it so I assume it has not been recycled and given to someone else. I didn’t realise it was linked to my business email account for two step verification and a computer update has forgotten my secure password and I now cannot access it without two step verification using this old number. It has been a year or more since I used the number and the advisors I spoke to indicated it has been deactivated and they cannot retrieve it or send a PAC code, but cannot explain why or give a definitive answer, has anyone had any success in getting an old number back? I am happy to take out a new contract or pay for the number but the online chat customer support is not helpful. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Deactivated number back

They are right. Once a number has been deactivated for none use etc they are returned to a pool where they are held before being returned to the network that originally issued it for future use.

There is no system for retrieval 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos