Menu
Banger451
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Get a new SIM

I need a new SIM sent out out for one of my SIM only mobile contracts but cannot contact a person to request it. This is for my mother-in-law who is nearly 89 and vulnerable. Have tried all FAQs and nothing helps equally I cannot get a person on the contact service number

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get a new SIM

Hey there Banger451,

I'll send you a Private Message now so I can grab some details from you and go through security so I can help with the new SIM.

Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details @Banger451 and can confirm that I've requested for a new SIM to be sent out using the details you gave me. Please allow 3-5 days for it to arrive and make sure that the SIM is activated when it's received.

Do pop back if there are any issues with the new SIM so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
glasspath
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to join in but I am in exactly the same position, trying to help my elderly mother in law who is getting text messages about needing to swap her sim but has not received one and has been unable to contact anyone about this. I would be very grateful if you could also pm me to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey glasspath,

Sure I can send you a Private Message but can I ask whether the account is in her name or yours? I ask because we may need to speak to her for security. Would she be able to pass security with us?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
glasspath
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. The account, if she has one, is in her name. The mobile in question was a payg mobile bought from a Virgin store quite a while ago and she is not sure if her address was recorded anyway but has had texts saying she would be sent a new sim. She would be able to answer security over the phone but is not very technical and has no broadband or computer.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that glasspath. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos