cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z fold 2 not registering on network.

SteveQ
Joining in

I have been given a galaxy z fold 2 that had been on vodafone. We are told it is unlocked, but when a virgin (and a giff gaff) sim is inserted, calls fail with the message that the sim is not registered on the network. When doing a mobile scan of available networks, only EE, vodafone and O2 are available. I've tried an O2 sim and the phone works! I find it strange as I would expect a prompt for a NUC when the virgin sim was inserted, if the phone was network locked. I've stumped, has anyone any ideas to help? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SteveQ,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Can you confirm if the Virgin Sim card works okay in another handset?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes virgin sim is in my phone and works fine, I know virgin use the O2 network, so find it strange that O2 works but not virgin. My wife would like to use the z fold 2 as her phone is not compatible with galaxy watch. 

Do you have any other sim on an different network to see if this works in the handset?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I have tried giff gaff (they use O2 too) , the phone sees the sim and shows the number in network settings, but say not registered. It didn't work on 3 either

Can you confirm if the handset has been purchased from us?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

No, as in my question, it was gifted to me, previously on vodafone, but will not register on virgin, not asking for NUC. 

Morning @SteveQ 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. The error message you're getting about the SIM not registered means the phone is not fully unlocked I'm afraid.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for that, I suspected that, I requested an unlock code from Vodafone on the off chance but haven't heard anything from them. 

No worries at all, I hope everything works out for you 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill