Menu
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S6 Edge phone locked

The 30 day limit is the use by date for the new sim card. Nothing will happen if you don't put the new sim in. But next year virgin will be transferring the network from ee to Vodafone. By then the old red sim cards will not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Then the letters actually strongly implying that the customers service will be disrupted if they dont transfer to the new sim is just a threat'o'gram and they are disrupting customers services on a 30 day time limit (or sooner with a CS manual activate of the new sim) entirely without good reason

That really is crap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yep, probably being more aggressive bearing in mind that they have to get everyone onto the new purple sim sooner or later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@paulchambers061 wrote:

The 30 day limit is the use by date for the new sim card. Nothing will happen if you don't put the new sim in. But next year virgin will be transferring the network from ee to Vodafone. By then the old red sim cards will not work.

If you don't put the new SIM in you may start losing services from your existing SIM after the 30 days, excluding any changes to that due to the current situation

Previously the timescale for the loss of services on the existing SIM wasn't as strict, but it did happen as it is a requirement to swap the SIMs.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ok, stand corrected 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry you feel you've effectively been bullied by Virgin Media ntlcableuser.  

That certainly is not our intention and we can feed this back to the business on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What @BenMcr has said is correct, I do wish to reiterate that it is not our intention to make our customers feel bullied.  I am sorry if the wording has made you feel this way.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

So it would seem that the services will be disconnected

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-sim-newworked-locked/td-p/4180801

and sooner rather than later

and we can see how helpful the VM staff responses aren't here... just like on 789

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry ntlcableuser.

I hope you're not negatively impacted by the SIM swap/migration.  If you are please give us a shout and we'll do what we can to help you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi All ,

To rub salt in the wound my landline bill which is with Virgin has gone up £16 trying to sort their mess out !!!!!!!

Very unhappy, think its time to change to a mobile supplier that cares about its customers !!!!!!!

0 Kudos