cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 stopped making calls out despite new sim card

JohnFoz
Tuning in

My wifes A40 has suddenly stopped making calls out. It tries to connect then after a couple of seconds says the call has ended. The phone is still working correctly, including incoming calls, correctly.

VM have sent me a new sim card, which hasn't solved the issue. I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail, so I conclude that this is another faulty card.

Tried to contact VM yesterday to resolve the issue. They were having technical problems and told me to try at a later time, so got nowhere

Can anyone help, thanks?

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JohnFoz, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your wife is having an issue with making phone calls from her device. 

As she has had a replacement SIM and the issue is still happening, it certainly rules out the SIM being an issue. Are you able to put her SIM in another device to try and see if she can make calls then? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your quick response.

Just tried my wifes new sim card in my A41, and it is the same - i.e. I cant make calls out with her new sim installed.

When dialling a number it says "calling" then a single dialling tone, then "call ended"

Does this help

Hi JohnFoz, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

So we can look further in to this, it would be useful if I can look at our systems to check a few things. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi JohnFoz, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your update. 

My fingers are crossed that this will all be resolved however if it isn't, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi JohnFoz, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your update. We only use private message if we are needing to request or send account sensitive information. Anything else can be posted in the Community instead. 

I'm sorry to hear that the SIM has not been delivered yet. It can take between 3 - 5 working days. As it was sent Monday, you won't be out of that timescale until Monday 21st Feb. If you've still not received the SIM by then, please pop back and let us know via the Community and we can escalate things then. 

If you would prefer to cancel then we're not able to do this via the Community so you would need to call and speak to the team on 789 / 0345 600 0789 for them to process your cancellation. 

Keep us updated on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

ok I'll see if it turns up today and let you know

Hi JohnFoz,

If you still haven't received the Sim after 21/02/22 we will look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

ok thanks

Hi Paul,

It hasn't arrived today. What can you do for me now to disuade me from going elsewhere?!

I was told that they would send me a new card, and that all I had to do was to insert it and that I didn't have to do any setting up. They were quite clear about this. I seem to recall getting a message when they sent me the first replacment, which then arrived. No such message arrive re the second one though, which made me suspicous. I must say that the info that came with the 1st replacement was not entirly clear, and I do have a vague suspicion that I didn't do something I should have with regard to setting it up

I appreciate everyones efforts to help me.

John Forrester