Menu
badservicevirgi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated with poor customer service

So I have a pay monthly sim that I use in my ipad, but I am finding myself using it less freaquently, so I want to cancel it.

To start off with, I went online to my account. After searching around and requesting a STAC, I made my way to the 'switching' page and selected 'I want to deactivate my existing number'. It brought up a page where you enter the number you wish to deactivate and the STAC. So I entered my current virgin mobile number (the one I wish to deactivate) and the STAC. However, I was met with the error message 'Oops, you can’t switch a Virgin Media mobile number to another Virgin Media mobile number'. WELL OF COURSE I CANT!!! I dont want to switch my number so this is why I am using the deactivation option. Surely I'm not being this stupid!

Slightly frustrated from the extremely unclear instruction, I took to the web chat. Only I shoulden't have bothered as I was left talking to a robot which assured me I would be put through to an adviser. Two hours later, I still did not hear a word.

Running out of options, I took to the customer support phone line. Dialing 789 from my phone, I was of course met with a pre-recorded message asking me to pick the relevant options regarding my problem. Eventually, I was met with the option to ask if I wanted to upgrade or cancel my plan; so I selected it. To my absolute disgrace I was asked by the pre-recorded message if I wanted to be sent a link to this page. No other options at all. If I did not press 1 to have this link sent, the call would simply hang up on me. Not once was I asked if I wanted to speak to a real human. The link by the way was simply just virginmedia.com/mobilehelp so as you can see, its just a generic link with no relevance to my actual problem.

As you can imagine, by this point I was starting to get extremely frustrated. What was I supposed to do now? I decided to instead chose the option on the phone not to speak to Virgin Mobile but instead Virgin Media. So after inpuing in some random fake Landline numbers I was finally put through to a real human. The lady kindly took some details from me and then transferred me to the virgin mobile department. This was going so well! Even if this was after 20 minutes of agonizing; poor quality hold music. So after I was on hold for another 30 minutes, my call was suddenly cut. No warning or anything. I think you'd agree by this point I had reached the tipping point! After waiting on the phone for almost an hour and to have it suddenly cut off at Virgin's end is absolutely unacceptable. I called back several times, and even changed phones but the issue persisted. I also tried again today and got no further.

TL;DR, I just want to know why Virgin Mobile seems to make it deliberately hard (and so far in my case impossible) to cancel your mobile contract. I've had this plan for over a year now, so I believe I am entitled to stop at any point...

I am still waiting to cancel this contract. I'm hoping somebody here will help to point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
wendle671
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated with poor customer service

I am also having the same problem, cant understand why they are running on limited staff. Ive worked all the way through covid in a supermarket. Im getting very annoyed with the whole situation. I got to text a real human on web chat last night,  tbf he was quite helpful, but was unable to cancel my plan as his department isn't authorised to do so. He did however give me another number to try today. So with a bit of luck I'll get through. Otherwise and I've stated this in the chat that I'm now giving 30 days notice to cancel my rolling sim, I screenshotted it as prove to case. I've been trying for a week now to get to speak to someone ... its just not good enough 

0 Kudos
wendle671
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Update....

Just phoned 08001831150 and was on hold for 20 mins. Spoke to a nice lady and my sim is now cancelled ... result.

They are open at 9 , so i made sure I phoned dead on 9.

Hope this helps and good luck in cancelling your sim 

0 Kudos
badservicevirgi
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Saved the day!

Thanks a lot 🙂