Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated!! Trying to disable voicemail

I'm trying to disable voicemail.  For some reason best known to Virgin the number in question doesn't appear on our account, even though it's the number we have had the longest, so I can't access the settings like I can with our other 3 numbers.  All 4 are SIM only rolling monthly contracts.

I have tried the "dial 222, wait 20mins, etc, etc" trick and that hasn't worked.  I've tried texting 07533016422, and the conversation seemed to end because I'm only the secondary account holder.  (With the benefit of hindsight I probably should have been dishonest and texted that I am my wife, but the SIM is in my name) I'm currently waiting to speak to someone on 789, but I don't hold much hope of even getting an answer.

Why do Virgin make it so difficult to get voicemail disabled?  In fact, it's only been active since I changed SIM last month after being threatened with loss of service if I didn't.  I never had the voicemail service active with the old SIM, so why has a new SIM with the same number as the old one been configured with a setting I do not want?

Sorry, Virgin, I'm not amused.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated!! Trying to disable voicemail

Hi Essbeezed, 

Really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with switching Voicemail off, I can fully appreciate your frustration with this. 

I can appreciate that you posted this on Monday so I'd love to know if you've been able to get this sorted since? 

If not then don't worry, as long as you can pass security on the account we'll be able to switch this off for you. 

I'll just need to pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma.  I have replied to your PM.  👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad we were able to help switch Voicemail off Essbeezed, we're around if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos