cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Greece to Turkey

Gilly121
Joining in

Hi all…..I’ve been on holiday in Rhodes for the past 2 weeks. Depending on where I was in the complex, I was receiving texts from Virgin Mobile more than twice a day saying ‘welcome to greece’ or ‘welcome to turkey’ Ive been on the north coast of Rhodes and was able to see Turkey, although I never travelled there. I was also using the wifi in the hotel most of the time, yet I’ve been charged £4.97 for using data in ‘zone 1’. I tried to call the VM number on the ‘greece’ txts but got no answer. Has anyone had the same issue?? 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gilly121,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing from mobile data use in Rhodes. Thats strange as any use in Greece would be included in your package, the only thing that I can think of would be that the data used was whilst you were connected to the Turkish network. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gilly121,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing from mobile data use in Rhodes. Thats strange as any use in Greece would be included in your package, the only thing that I can think of would be that the data used was whilst you were connected to the Turkish network. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven, I look forward to hearing from you.

Gillian

Thanks for coming back to me Gilly121, the private message should be with you now. To access the message, if you could click on the envelope that should be on the top right of the screen.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gilly121 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/Turkey shows Turkey as Chargable.

Accidental roaming is common in Rhodes if Automatic Network selection is turned on 

O2 have a FAQ about it and places like Cyprus 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Steven_L

My daughter was in Rhodes a few weeks ago and had the same issue. I have spoken to Virgin and they said they will look into it and call me back. That was a couple of weeks ago and I've had no call back. 

When she landed in Rhodes she received a text saying you're in Greece etc and when she arrived at the hotel she got one saying you're in Turkey etc. She I believe, subsequently received texts stating Greece or Turkey depending on her location on the island throughout he stay.

Can you help me to resolve the issue

King Regards

Keith

Hi there @Keith49 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter faced this issue with her phone, just to check is the phone under her name or your name? 

Is she back in the UK with the phone now?

Hi Ashleigh

The phone is in my name and yes she is back in the UK with the phone

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith

Thank you for letting us know. I've popped you over a private message so I can look into this further with you.

Kind regards

Beth

That's great, thanks Beth

Regards

Keith