Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Friends texts keep failing he is on EE

Hi 

Can anyone help out? My friend is on EE and we text back and forth but both are finding the texts are failing to send or being delayed ridiculous amount of minutes before being received. Same with sending gifs or pictures. 

Ive looked for answers on here and online and followed every possible piece of try this or do that. Ive checked out my sim - its fine, reset phone - no difference, tried to speak to virgin and get nowhere or hung up on. Im trying to keep a new relationship going in these times of Covid 19 and its really frustrating!! 

Im led to believe from what ive read its been an ongoing issue with virgin users and EE for many years and that it seems to be down to virgin rather than the EE user.

Im about to cancel as its very annoying. Help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Friends texts keep failing he is on EE

If both of you are talking frequently and use gifs and pictures (chargeable) why not use a messaging app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick reply,

We do but when I am at work we text more than anything and its that we have the most trouble with. Id like to know what could cause texts failing so frequently between myself, a virgin account holder and his on EE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Deb-new.

Could we please confirm if you've been able to check the coverage in your area to make sure this isn't going through some work delaying the service? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Coverage is showing as good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is your friend also able to check this? 

You may also like to reinsert the SIM card and restart your handset to see if this may help.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily
I reinserted my SIM card and restarted and this seems to have rectified the problem. Now why didnt I think of that!! Many thanks
0 Kudos