Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Freestyle Contracts

I Have received a letter from you re my Freestyle Account. It states I have an outstanding balance of £390 on my handset loan. My refresh date is 09/12/2020. I have a few questions:

If I want to trade up staying with Virgin and getting a new phone I will have to send you my old phone for valuation. What do I use for a phone whilst you value it? 

If the value you give is less than £390 and I don't want to continue with the trade up what happens then? Do I get my phone back?

If my refresh date is 09/12/2020 is that when my contract ends? Can I walk away at that point? Do I have to give you the phone? Do I have to pay the £390? 

Please dont tell me to watch any helpful videos on your website. I've watched them all on this topic and they are designed to sell more phones not answer questions?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freestyle Contracts

Good morning @19641 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you didn't find the videos helpful. 

In answer to your questions - 

• You would need to find a temporary replacement whilst the phone is being valued.
  •  If the valuation of the phone is less than the remaining amount on your account you would either be able to pay the difference should you wish, If not we would send you the phone back.
  • So the phone and the sim are different contracts and run for a different period of time, with the outstanding amount left on your handset, it would suggest that there is more time left on this. If you wish to leave you contract you would need to pay the rest of the outstanding amount on the handset. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos