Menu
dickb1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent phone contract in my name

I had a text from virgin on 10.08.20 informing me that my new phone contract for a 256gb i phone was all set up i was driving for most of that day and tried to call virgin without any success to discuss this as i knew nothing about it. The next day i received a text saying my new i phone had been delivered by Yodel to my home address i wasnt at home that day and there no delivery made to my home. I managed to contact virgin by phone and text the next day to report what appeared to be fraud they advised they advised me that i had signed a contract which i asked for proof of which to date i am still waiting for,  they then advised that they would block the phone and cancel the contract . I contacted virgin several times over the next few weeks to try and get an explanation as to how this happened to date i have heard nothing from them, i noticed that 2 x direct debits had been set up on my account one for £16 for insurance and one for £6 for a phone contract i again contacted virgin to ask for these to be removed i was advised that i had to cancel them which i did my original contract for £18 was still active virgin sent me a text saying that the insurance payment has been cancelled they then tried to take the £6 payment not the £18 they should have i have been unable to resolve anything with them as unbeknown to me they have blocked my account now they have stopped me making outgoing calls which is causing me major issues as i use it for my business. I have been with virgin for around 20 years and cannot believe how poor their service is  i have contacted virgin by phone and text numerous times to try and sort this out without any luck. I wanted to transfer my number to another provider and cant as my account is blocked i have had to buy another phone and sim card to call clients . Any advice from anyone on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent phone contract in my name

Hi there @dickb1

Welcome to our Community and for your first post - I was very sorry to hear about your issue with your mobile account. I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and can see that there is an open complaint for this issue in progress. 

I have contacted our dedicated complaints team to take ownership of your complaint. This has been assigned to an agent today and you'll be contacted shortly. 

Please do keep us posted - we can chase if needed

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dickb1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service from virgin is a shambles i have lost count of how many times i have contacted your call centre and how many times they have promised to escalate my case which never happens i want to transfer my number to another provider and cant as you have locked my account this has been going on since early September

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do understand that this has been ongoing for a while @dickb1 which is why I have asked our complaints team to deal with this directly and as a priority. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos