Menu
Ammar504
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent contracts taken out in my name. Been waiting for Fraud team for 5 months!!!

On March 9th 2020 I received 2 packages containing iphone 7's from Virgin mobile with a letter welcoming me to my new contracts which I didn't order. 

Being alarmed I called customer services explaining that I have been a victim of identity fraud and was told that someone from the fraud team will get back in touch with me in 48 hours. 

The fraud team got in touch and after logging down my details they told me that they would be sending a bag for me to place & re-post the handsets back to Virgin after which they would close my accounts. I explained that although I'm not happy that my account cannot be closed immediately I will be happy to return the handsets using the aforementioned method if this is the company procedure. 

5 months later and after countless calls back and forth I am still awaiting this "bag" to send the 2 handsets which were fraudulently taken out in my name. 

I have today received 2 threatening letters from debt collection agencies demanding payments and after calling Virgin, waiting 27 minutes to be connected to an adviser and having to re-explain my whole story again the phone gets disconnected! 

I am sick to death of this scenario! Surely Virgin mobile's fraud prevention team has more organised procedures in dealing with such issues? 

Can someone please advise what I should do next???

Thanks, 

Ammar  

0 Kudos
Messybeast
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent contracts taken out in my name. Been waiting for Fraud team for 5 months!!!

Report this as a crime to the police so you can get a crime incident reference number which you can communicate to the debt collection agencies while waiting for Virgin to respond. And maybe log the slow VM response with Ofcom as well so you have a reference number from them.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent contracts taken out in my name. Been waiting for Fraud team for 5 months!!!

Hi Ammar504, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry you're continuing to have issues getting fraudulent accounts wound up.  I would like to take a closer look. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos