Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent activity

Dear Sirs, I suspect that a Virgin Mobile account has been set up fraudulently in my name (and charges are being taken from my bank account, for your benefit). I have tried to contact your customer services team (0345 454 1111) on several occasions, but you do not answer the telephone (and after around 15 minutes of waiting time, the calls simply ring out - as you will appreciate, this is frustrating). In addition, as I am not a Virgin Mobile account holder, I have no means of accessing an account or signing up to an account. In these circumstances, and save for reporting the fraudulent activity to the regulatory authorities and my paying bank, how am I meant to liaise with you to report the fraudulent activity? Do you have a fraud team? if so, can you supply their contact details? Yours sincerely, DTD.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent activity

Hi DTD,

I'm sorry to hear that a Virgin Mobile account has been taken out in your name without consent and that you've been unable to get through to us to resolve it. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take some details and investigate it.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, 

I too have noticed several direct debit payments to Virgin Media without my consent - Could you please contact me urgently so these can be stopped and any funds refunded ASAP.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lisa,

Thank you for your private email in reply; however, it is absurd that you have asked me for a mobile number and password in order to respond to the enquiry. As requested, please do call me. It is infuriating that Virgin Mobile do not answer calls and, ostensibly, take the issue of fraudulent activity so lightly.

Regards,

DTD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

You have still not responded to my requested private message. If you are not going to deal with this matter - please, and as set out in my initial request, provide contact details for someone at Virgin Mobile who can!

Regards,

DTD 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DTD,

Apologies for the late response. After my last Private Message, I was out of the office over the Bank Holiday weekend however I'm back and will reply back to your Private Message shortly.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos