Menu
Daniellac123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fraud issue virgin are not sorting out

My husband was a victim of a fraud scam back on 1st July whereby a fake company posing as bestmobile.uk are contacting people with a great mobile deal, you take up the offer and they send you a different phone to that you have ordered, they then contact you and say this is a mistake and ask you to return the phone to a Bolton address however you never hear back, we received a phone from virgin The following day But by this point had realised it was a scam.

We saw that a direct debit had been set up with virgin and received a mobile, I called virgin immediately the day after the account was set up and was assured it was logged with fraud team who would be in touch shortly, this was the beginning of July and I have been going around in circles for nearly 3 months, I am utterly shocked and appalled by virgins handling if this matter and have taken my complaint to the CEDR and out in a claim against virgin mobile.

I have the phone and have been waiting to send it back but no one is actioning the matter, I have been told repeatedly that a Jiffy bag will be sent to return the phone, nothing has arrived and I am getting debt letters, I am lost for words with virgins mismanagement and complete lack of Ability to deal with a straightforward fraud issue which has resulted in much stress and inconvenience and I fear may have long term affects on our credit (which i have worked hard to keep perfect) this may subsequently be very detrimental to our lives and is totally unacceptable. 

I have called over 10 times, sent in emails, made An official complaint to which I have heard nothing, each time I call I keep being told the fraud team need to deal with this and now we have been told we are defaulting payments as we cancelled the direct debit as soon as we saw it appear the following day after the fraud call.

Being that I told you about this incident the day after it was set up, even if it hadn’t been fraud we legally had 14 days from the date the contract was taken out to cancel yet through your inability to act properly and professionally you have made this date surpass and are doing nothing to resolve this issue.

My first few calls where I kept being told that the fraud team have it and will be in contact shortly i did not take names
since this i have spoken to steve who whole heartedly promised to take ownership of this case and keep an eye on what was going on and he had his manager involved too, a week later spoke to clare as steve seems to have not kept his word and done anything, ive then spoken to amandeep sahota on 19/08 who assured me he had logged a complaint as although i had made one previously no record of this was on file! and he assured me i would get the jiffy bag to return the phone but nothing happened, i have since spoken to nikola who again promised a Jiffy bag but the promise did not materialise and Again called last week and spoke to clare yet we still have no returns bag.

many of the advisors have told me about communications issues between the different departments which for a company as large as virgin is simply not acceptable 

I have emailed credit file team Three times which is the only direct virgin address I have, I get the auto responses telling me someone will be in touch but still no actual response

I am aware these are covid times but there is simply no excuse for such abysmal customer service. I am told that there is an issue with the fraud team not dealing with any escalated complaints! If virgin mobile are not able to deal with such a simple matter then they should not be trading.

I have all records of emails, calls etc and I want this sorted.... someone needs to do something !!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud issue virgin are not sorting out

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Daniellac123
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I correct myself, its been going on wince june 1st not jult, which is 4 months!!!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Dont worry somebody will be along from the VM forum staff to get this sorted, I have tag the forum contrroller to get this picked up.

@Kev_B  @Michael_JK can somebody pick this up as a matter of urgency.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniellac123,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your husband has been a possible victim of fraud and that you haven't heard anything back from our fraud team.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos