Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fraud account

Hi 

At the end of September 2020 I received a letter from virgin stating I had opened an account for a mobile, this was not true ( I have never had any services from virgin ) I rang them that day and was assured I’d have the issue sorted within 3-5 days and that the issue had been raised with there fraud department. After no call back 3-5 days later I rang them back and was assured the matter had been dealt with and the fake account was closed... fast forward to November and I get another letter from virgin saying I owe £600+ for not paying for the services and if I don’t pay in 5 working days they’ll pass this onto a debt collectors. Again I ring virgin and I get hung up on multiple times, passed from one person to the next, and get asked security questions which I can’t answer because it’s not an account I set up!? They say they’re going to get back to me, and the “back office” will sort it out! 
A few days later I get a debt collectors letter saying I now owe £700+ 
Today I finally get through to someone from the UK that seems to understand my problem and they say nothing had ever been raised in there department and the issue will be sorted today! They will ring me back in 1-2 hours...nothing! I ring back, I am put on hold for an hour and a half and they hang up on me! 
I am at my wits end, no one helps you, and I’ve got debt collectors on my back for a debt that isn’t even mine. 

Can anyone give me any advice? Or UK numbers to ring that ACTUALLY help? 

Thankyou 

Chris 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud account

I've escalated this to the team

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Community Forums

I'm terribly sorry to hear that an account was set up fraudulently under your details, which still hasn't been resolved, this is most disappointing to hear and I appreciate this will be concerning for you.

I'd really like to ensure things get sorted - I've popped you over a PM so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

thanks for coming back to me.

I haven’t got anything g in my PM?? Can you resend it please 

thanks 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you check the purple envelope at the top of the forum. It's easy to miss

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Ye I've just double checked but the most recent thing in there is from 7 hours ago, but was just an admin message  

Thanks 

Chris 

0 Kudos