Menu
philnorman49
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fraud - Premium Rate Txts

On Friday 25th September at 17:38 (BST), I got 17 Premium Rate Txts spuriously.  I then got a message from Virgin asking if I wanted to increase my Spending Cap - that drew my attention to what had happened.

I had a quick look on Google and noted that many people across various networks had received similar attacks - some having received over 100 premium rate texts.  The thread I read said that their service provider had noted the fraud and would be addressing the issues and removing the spurious charges from the bill.

I expected a similar service from Virgin Mobile but the charges are still there on my current usage. Did anyone else get this txt attack? If so, do you still have these charges on your current bill? Does anyone know how I get them removed? Many thanks in anticipation of your support / replies.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fraud - Premium Rate Txts

Hi Philnorman, 

Welcome to forums, and thank you for your first post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, do you have the number or was it multiple numbers? Have you blocked the sender? Were there any other suspicious calls or texts? Have you been overcharged for this on your bill?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
philnorman49
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Yes, I blocked the number straight away - asked for my cap to be reduced to £10 & have started a chat requesting the charges are removed from my bill. That ‘chat’ is still live. Will keep you posted 👍😊

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know, glad it's getting sorted for you Philnorman, 

We're around if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
philnorman49
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emma & Zoie - thanks for your support. Happy to report that following an ‘online chat’ with Josue, all is sorted. I’ve been given a credit to cover the spurious premium rate texts. I then followed the advice Josue gave and barred premium rate SMS and reduced my spending cap. A great service from the Virgin Team 👍😊

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is brilliant @philnorman49

Thank you so much for keeping us posted and I'm sure you'll have no further issues with premium rate messages. 

For anything else just pop on a new post and we can help from there 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos