Menu
amoltu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fraud Alert on my account

Some 2 years ago I tried to purchase 2 new mobile phones from you. When they didin't arrive I kept checking in my account. It appears there had been a fraud alert put on my account [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]  After a while and conting yourselves a number of times I ascertained that a alert had been raised on my account. (I suspect an error entering the post code on my credit card details had triggered this)  After numerous calls to yourselves I then found myself locked out of my mobile account. Despite numnerous calls to have this lifted the phones didn't arrive and I became locked out of my account!  Gve up, bought 2 phones on Vodaphone from carphone warehouse.

2 Years on I went to change my Virgin Media package only to find this alert was blocking me from changing my package because the new package included a mobile sim as part of the deal. 

Why are you still flagging me? When is this going to be sorted? Do I have to go to the FCA or OFCOM?

Do I just give up and go to Sky?

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud Alert on my account

Good Afternoon amoltu,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see that we have a fraud flag on your account that seemingly should have been removed some time ago.

Have you been able to speak to our team since your most recent post? 

We will need to fill in a form for our back office fraud team to look into. If you've not yet been able to call us to report this, do please come back to us and either myself or a colleague will take this to a private messaging conversation with you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
amoltu
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply.

Not been able to make contact - not clear which of the options when I ring virgin mobile I should take.

The TV/internet/landline issue has been resolved but not yet received the sim that was part of the package and can't log in to virgin mobile account.

Can you advise how best to contact the relevant team to resolve.

Andy

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for the late response. Have you been able to speak to the mobile team since your post? Our records indicate this has already been addressed by the Mobile Fraud Team. Let us know if you still need anything.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
amoltu
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In short - No.

Another 2 hour phone call. Started by calling Virgin Mobile who initially said there was nothing on my account.  Eventually transferred to Media who said the same until they tried to process the SIM that was supposed to be delivered as past of my broadband/TV package only to fail at the security check.

Am now awaiting call from the "back office team!.  I recall this is where I got to 2 years ago...(When the mobile didn't arrive) Gave up then but as my Vodaphone contract is up a SIM only deal as part of my package would be quite useful, but another afternoon off spent on queuing for a call centre doesn't appeal.

Last time I filled in the census I was a GP not a criminal mastermind. All I did was put my work post code in on the virgin media web page (instead of my home one) when trying to buy new phones for my wife and myself!

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry to hear you're still having issues getting your 'fraud' issues resolved @amoltu.  Do you still wish to have this investigated and resolved?  

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
amoltu
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I do wish to resolve the situation.

I'm effectively paying for a SIM (as part of my package) that cannot be sent until it's sorted & would like to get it resolved.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Andy, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
amoltu
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to Lee_R all sorted, SIM arrived and up an running.

Andy
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, Glad to hear things have been sorted.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos