Menu
Wizbang123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Found something I can talk to

I have the message about replacement SIM cards. Established with difficulty that it was not a scam. I only use a mobile phone for texts and the odd call. It is not on-line. I am 80 years old. My PayGo sim does not carry account numbers or the other thing I need to be able to log onto VirginMedia.com so....I go through the motions to order this updated SIM..............lots of times. When I enter the IMEI or whatever it is from inside my old Galaxy S6810P it says "NOT A VALID NUMBER". So I click on "don't know the number" which gives me the next page anyway. I get past the sent by Royal Mail bit and all I get is "Oops something went wrong, try again later" on the next page. But also "Why not have a look at our other services whilst you are here or words to that effect. And I have to input all the details all over again! I just want this replacement SIM, which had better be on the same tariffs or I am off anyway, but after about 5 hours of effort, including finding this path I have had enough.

[REMOVED]

Margaret  [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Wizbang123
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Money back outstanding on two PAYG phone SIMs

I have a PAYG legacy SIM in a Samsung S6810P and have an outstanding unanswered question on here as I cannot give details on-line to get the replacemant SIM. It just says "oops" and directs us to other services we may like to purchase. My husband has an even older Nokia with VM SIM which now charges him £2 per text or call. He just keeps it alive. Both SIMs have significant amounts of cash on them. If VM would send us the outstanding cash, you can have your SIM numbers back. There is just no way to contact VM sensibly and since no account exists we cannot log into VM. We know others that have used up most of their cash and just abandoned VM. We would like our cash back.

How do we do this simply?

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Found something I can talk to

Hi Wizbang123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you've had problems getting hold of the new sim card that you need. Don't worry, I can get this ordered for you 🙂

I'll pop you a private message now to take your details.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos