Menu
kellylouise425
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Forgotten password etc

I bought a Sim with contract about 2 years ago and have forgotten my password, the old security answers, old email - absolute nightmare!

Anyway, I've tried repeatedly to have a reset, new password, new security question, update my new email address etc so I can set up an online account and change tariff or cancel etc should I need to 

However I get talked over. 

Even though I'm the account holder, have the bank details, DOB, postal  address and am calling or messaging from the mobile/Sim number I'm paying DD for, nobody can help me 

Today I was told if we want cancel I'll need a lawyer, I was threatened by debt collectors and told I need to contact a power of attorney to prove I'm sane.

I upset and frustrated but there was no empathy or compassion, in fact he was rude and passive aggressive and kept talking over me.

Anyone else encountered this?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Forgotten password etc

What are you trying to cancel, the SIM or the phone loan?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kellylouise425
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm trying to set up new password and new email address. My phone I bought outright. 

Its just the Sim I have a subscription with.

I would like to change the tariff then possibly cancel later in 2021 for a different service.

But they won't let me as I've forgot old email and password etc and threatening me with debt collectors and a bad credit score 😕 I'm incredibly confused and upset by how I've been dealt with and treated.

0 Kudos
kellylouise425
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bear in mind its just a £9 a month tariff on a Sim I pay by DD every month and I never miss payments. Not sure why he was so hostile and judgemental.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid their customer services get worse by the day. 

Personally I would look round for a 30 day only deal on another network. Voxi have some good packages and being 30 day you can change or leave at any time if you find something better later on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

kellylouise425
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou.

Sasky this is true, and I had to write a complaint. Accusing me of being insane and telling me to get lawyer and power of attorney over forgetting my password was a bit over the top!

In future I'll avoid contracts or at the very least use more memorable passwords and have back up emails etc 🙂 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You may like to try this

Text 'INFO' and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 85075 For example: INFO 01/03/1984.

That will tell you what you would owe if you leave.