cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial soft lock question

tanz1
Joining in

I’ve read the posts about the financial soft lock on accounts because of O2 migration and Virgin replies have explained that I can’t look at plans etc whilst this is happening but in at least one of the replies from Virgin it stated that when I and others move over we will have the same or better deals for the same or less cost. So I don’t understand why my monthly fee has gone up this month with absolutely no notice and I may add I didn’t get the email about O2 taking over either. I did get an email saying my direct debit may say O2 rather than Virgin on Tuesday but that’s all the information I’ve had. I’m not happy my plan has been put up without a by your leave whilst I have no way to look and see if I can find something cheaper as you’ve locked my account again without a by your leave. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tanz1 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

If you're mid-migration then I'm afraid there would be a temporary lock on making some account changes, including a package change, to avoid any potential problems occurring.

The soft lock flag will remain on the account until you have been fully and successfully migrated onto the O2 plan. The migration should be complete within 30 days.

The communication you received should contain more details on why this is happening.

You won't be able to stay on your current Virgin Mobile plan, but the good news is the O2 plan you're moving to will cost the same or less than your current Virgin Mobile plan. You'll also get either double the data or unlimited data for the same price, and you're already using the O2 network with Virgin Mobile.

Thank you 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That was my point Alisha my plan price has been raised this month without any prior email so it is not “the same or less” nor have I had any “communication” regarding this “migration” or that my account would be put under a “soft lock”. 

We're sorry you did not receive any notifications. 

If you do wish to discuss your options further, please give our team a call on 0345 600 0789.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs