Menu
Katann
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Faulty phone

Anybody else have a faulty Samsung Galaxy A40 phone that Virgin has tried to repair but it still has the same fault and repeatedly displays an error message:No SIM card inserted.

Anybody else still waiting for a Deadlock letter?  I was told that one would be sent to me on 12/08/20 but nothing yet. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty phone

Good Morning, 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your phone there.

I would be more than happy to take a look into were the deadlock letter is up to? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Katann
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just found your reply as it went to my junk email.

Please do find out WHERE (not 'were') my deadlock letter is up to because there is still no sign of it. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Please can you confirm when and how you escalated your complaint to deadlock? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Katann
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zak, 

I rang on my landline on 12/08/20 and I had rang the previous week (5/08/20) to report that the fault on the mobile was still there the day after having received my mobile back following a repair at Virgin.

I was told a deadlock letter would be sent to me by the manager that I spoke to after waiting 40 minutes to speak to him. He then put the phone down on me as he did not want to hear about the Consumer Rights Act. This phone contract was taken out on 11/02/20 and I first contacted Virgin in May 20.

And I will now quote:

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.

If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. 

If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was. 

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

The retailer can't make any deductions from your refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am going to pop you a PM so that I can get the complaint reference number. 

Kind regards,

Zak_m

0 Kudos