Menu
alan41mead
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Sim card?

I recently received a new sim card as I changed provider last month.

The new card is acting strangely, it takes a long time to connect calls, cuts calls off, doesn't read the contacts file correctly and sometimes identifies incoming calls from friends as coming from Belgium (i.e. starting with +32).

I've tried restarting the phone, taking out the sim card and reseating it and cleaning it, all to no avail.

Any suggestions or how do I get a replacement sim card ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty Sim card?

Hi there @alan41mead

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we'd also like to welcome you to our Virgin Media family 🙂 

The SIM is not able to change the format of the calls so this may be down to the way your information was transferred over. Is this an iPhone? If so, please try the following: 

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National

(SIM applications is under connections on some versions of iOS: Settings > Mobile Data > Sim applications)

Let us know how you get on after that 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alan41mead
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your reply, I've made the changes you suggested and so far so good. 

Phone reception here isn't that good but that's to do with the hills and dips round here.

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Alan (@alan41mead)

Glad to hear that all is working so far so good; thanks so much for your update. Not only does it help us know that things are working, it can only assist another customer reading the thread who may have the same issue. 

If you need anything further, you know where to find us. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos