Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Family Plan eligibility

In March, I bought a Samsung phone on a 3-year contract with Virgin Mobile. My wife was already on a Virgin Mobile contract, so I was told by the Virgin rep that we would be eligible for the Family Plan, thus saving a combined £4 per month. Both accounts needed to be in my name, so another Virgin rep called me the next day and made that change. I was told that the switch to the Family Plan would then take place.

This has not happened. Over three months later, the website says "Sorry, you’re not eligible for Family Plan just yet". This is in direct contravention of the information I was given in March.

Please can someone contact me to sort this out. Note that I have twice tried the text help service to resolve this, with no success.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Family Plan eligibility

Hi cass, 

Thank you for your post. 

In regards to the family plan discount, any credit relating to that would be shown on your monthly bill, is it possible you could check that out and see if there is anything relating to the credit on there? Not every SIM/package is eligible for the family plan, the ones in question can be found under the 'Are there any exclusions' tab, the link to this is here. I hope this answers your query, if you are still unsure and need a hand please let me know and we can go over that 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family Plan eligibility

Thanks for the reply. You are correct - the £2 discount does indeed appear on our bill, which I hadn't noticed. I had assumed it would be £2 per person, but I accept that that was my misunderstanding.
0 Kudos