Menu
petergane
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Failure to prove PAC code

I've been trying for the past 3 days to get a PAC code to port my current mobile number to a new provider. I've tried via the 'My Account' pages 3 times and texted 65075 the same number of times. Each time the response is that we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.

Come on Virgin, there is a regulatory duty to provide this code within 3 hours of a request. I'm leaving because of poor customer service and you're not doing anything to make me think I've made the wrong decision.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure to prove PAC code

Hi petergane, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for the experience you've had, I am unable to advise why this has not happened sooner. What I will do is send you a private message to look in to this for you 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Jonnie500
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have also been trying for the last 12 hours to get a PAC code to port my current mobile number to a new provider.
I have also tried via the 'My Account' pages numerous times.
I have also texted 65075 numerous times.
Each time the response is that we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.

Screenshot_20200729-143927.pngScreenshot from 2020-07-29 14-40-49.png

I'm also leaving because of poor customer service, from past experience, this thread, and the fact that I can't start a chat session with you, reinforces that I have made the right decision.

Screenshot from 2020-07-29 15-04-22.png

It is clear you have bypass that requirement by making it impossible for customers to make the request.

Based on the age of this thread, Virgin media Mobile have had this ''temporary'' problem for THREE weeks, and that Virgin media Mobile have failed to resolve the ''temporary'' problem reinforces the thought that this is a deliberate decision by Virgin Media Mobile to prevent customers making their regulatory request for a PAC code, thus bypassing the regulatory duty to provide the PAC code within 3 hours of a request.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have failed to get a PAC code and are an owner of the Old Red SIM then please read then reply in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/PAC-STAC-Pending-SIM-migration/td-p/4340638

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
petergane
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ryan

The cancel migration route worked fine and all is well.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos