Menu
MarkSpark
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Failed credit check

Been with Virgin for over 7 years. Had broadband with them and 2 mobile phone contracts. Went to upgrade my mobile and says I have failed the credit check. Why would this be? I never missed a payment. I checked my credit score and it says it is poor yet never been in debt or missed any payments on bills.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed credit check

If your credit score is poor virgin wont give you a contract phone

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Go with 3 they are doing unlimited for £20 and you can get a phone after 3 months of payments.

Don't bother with these clowns,
0 Kudos
MarkSpark
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

If your credit score is poor virgin wont give you a contract phone

So why did they give me 2 phone contracts before and internet? I paid them off and never missed a payment. My credit score should be good.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's not for virgin to say.

Noddle is a free credit score checker, maybe they can help guide you to why your credit score may be poor

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin seem to be very fussy with who they will loan to now, Virgin say they use Equifax for their checks, but people with perfect scores on Equifax are still turned down and Equifax say no check was requested by Virgin Mobile?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't get too upset, I've never found a contract in virgin mobile that is cheapest anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, MarkSpark.

Sorry to hear of the credit check issue. 

I do understand that you'd find this disappointing. If you're wishing to dispute this, please email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk and they'll be more than happy to assist. 

You can also look at your credit score via Noddle, Equifax etc. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MarkSpark
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

I wouldn't get too upset, I've never found a contract in virgin mobile that is cheapest anyway.

True, but they were doing a nice £75 Top Cash Back deal that I have missed out on now.

Well after looking into my credit history I still fail to see why it is so low. I have no missed payments for anything on my credit history. No bankruptcy or council reports on me.There's a Yorkshire water issue saying I didn't pay a bill in October of 2018 which I did and have the receipt for. I have raised a dispute about that to get that taken off my credit history. Other than that totally clean.

Oh well I guess it is just one of those things and I will have to try somewhere else after all these years with Virgin Mobile and cancel my current sim only plan with them. Nice knowing ya Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos