Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Failed Callback - Please help.

Hello,

This is my last grasp at help before I raise a serious complaint.

Currently I'm on the ultimate Oomph package (Full TV, 500mb, 4G free SIM).

I need to move my mobile number back to my work provider, but I am told I cannot do this as it will affect my oomph package as I'm required to have 4G mobile sim. Fair enough.

I asked they add a temporary number to my account, so that my current number can port out to a different provider and then I'll only have the new number on my account and it continues.

Virgin mobile said they cannot do this. After speaking to a "manager" they advised only the Oomph team can help me, but I cannot be transferred to them, I cannot call them directly or speak over web-chat. They will call me back.

I've spoken to Virgin Mobile 3 times now, each time I'm promised a call back within 24-hours and each time no one calls me.

As it stands, Virgin Mobile is preventing me from moving my number (which is £0 cost line rental) to a new provider without dropping my package/affecting my monthly cost even though I've asked they provide a new number for me to continue.

Some time ago, Ofcom regulations changed whereby mobile networks could not prevent a number from leaving them regardless of account debt (there is none) or whether in contract etc etc. You are currently preventing me from moving my number without penalising me even though I've asked for a new number to be connected to replace my porting out number.

Can someone please make contact with me, I am not asking for anything that ANY other network provider could not do in an instant.

Failing that, my next steps would be a writtern complaint followed by going to the regulator, it's been a month!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed Callback - Please help.

you can only port a number that is active.
If they change the number for you then the old number will be lost and will not be active to port.
If you port the number te sim will cancel and then you will not have the package anymore.

I agree with VM on this one. you can't port the number without losing the sim and that will change the package.

They are not preventing you from porting they are saying that if you port you will remove a service (the sim) from the package and the package will no longer be valid

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has also happened to me.

All the agents seem to ever do is hang up the phone, or say "A manager will call you", then hang up... then  nothing ever happens.

If you can get someone to stay on the phone long enough ask them to raise a complaint and send you a letter of deadlock, then you can take your complaint to Ofcom - https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Good luck.  I'm going through this process now as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Violater,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We appreciate the predicament you are in but unfortunately we will be unable to port out your number with your existing oomph package as this will lose your current discount.

We will be unable to provide you with a temporary number to save this deal. Alternatively you can downgrade your current deal if required.

I have double checked for you if there are any alternatives and It has been confirmed we cannot do what you are asking.

I am going to send you a private message across to discuss this further for you. Please click o the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am not asking for them to "replace" my number.

I want them to add a new number to my account, so that I can port out my number to a new provider, leaving only the new number on the account and therefore my Oomph services are not affected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodie,

I don't seem to have the message.

It is bizarre that this is not possible, so ultimately you are penalised if you wish to move your number for whatever reason even though you have asked for a new number to continue with it.

Can you also advise where this is in the T&Cs?

How can I downgrade my package within commitment without being further penalised?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately what you are asking cannot be done. We have asked if it is possible and we are unable to process this.

I will pop you over a private message to discuss this further with you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos