Menu
Surb_girl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

FaceTime on my Virgin mobile number

Hi,

This morning when I turned it on, my Mac displayed a pop up notice that my mobile number was being used for a FaceTime call. (it often synchronises with my old iPhone.) Then the warning disappeared. I don't understand. It wasn't me on my phone or anywhere else. Please can someone help? should I be worried?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: FaceTime on my Virgin mobile number

Hello

Were you on the MAC using facetime ?

With iPhones as long as they are using the same Apple ID then both your phone and mac will be logged into Facetime.

There is nothing to worry about, the setting are always shared between MAC and iPhones.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Surb_girl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. The Mac wasn't even on. I've only ever used FaceTime once several weeks ago.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Surb_girl,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to help you. 

Have you tried recreating the situation to see if it happens again? If yes, what was the outcome? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Surb_girl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

It was just a pop up message across the screen when I turned the Mac on in the morning.  Then it disappeared before I could do a screenshot. It hasn't happened again. Was surprised as don't use Face time.  My daughter helped set it up for me once a few months ago on a different device but haven't used it since.

Just wanted to make sure my mobile number or email wasn't being used by anyone else. My mobile account looks ok though. Just something I didn't understand. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Surb_Girl,

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I am glad it hasn't happened again.

If you feel like you want to make your mobile account secure, I would change your password in your Online Account and I can also change your password on our systems on your mobile account just to give you peace of mind. 

If you want me to do this, please let me know 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Surb_girl
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'll change the Online passwords today. Needed doing anyway. Not sure what the password on your systems is -unless that is that the one I originally set up with Virgin Media, Is this a private or public message?
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is a public message so don't share any info on here 😅

I will send you a PM now so we can chat further about your passwords.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos