Menu
alepot
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extreme Frustration - Tiny SIM required

Yesterday, I received my new phone, on schedule. However, my existing SIM was too large, and once I knew that I began trying to get a replacement SIM.

I am deaf, therefore had no option other than to use the text service, which I did yesterday..  I fully understand why the method is slow ( thanks, covid), and received an automated reply this morning. Once I'd replied to that, I eventually was sent links to several secure forms to establish my identity.

The first was a request for specific letters of my password, second was for my full name, third was for my email address, and fourth was my bank sort code

They sent a link to yet another secure form, asking for the date of my last direct debit, which had expired by the time I got round to it. I texted them to explain what had happened, and as there is no need to hide my last DD date I told them that in my reply.

Surely there was no need for the last  form in any case - they had more than enough information by that time to establish that I was who I said I was and that I was the account holder, especially as I'd had to give my phone number, which is on one of Virgin's SIMs.

The upshot of all this is that I now have no idea where my query is in a queue, if indeed that is the case, or whether the expired form means that I have to start all over again.

In any case - I am the quite angry owner of a useless piece of very expensive hardware, and all I want is a tiny SIM...

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extreme Frustration - Tiny SIM required

How old is your present SIM. All those issued over the last 4 years are of the multi push out type.

Look at it carefully and you will notice score marks. Just push the small size out from the bigger one 

IMG_20200306_182743__01.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alepot
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks - I put a searchlight on it and it was exactly as you described.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alepot, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the frustration this problem has caused with your SIM and the online chat.

I can see Enlli gave you some useful information about downsizing your SIM card, did this help resolve your problem or do you still need a SIM replacement? I can get this sorted for you on here if that's the case 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
alepot
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The issue was sorted weeks ago. I've just been able to reset my password and login as the proper alepot.

0 Kudos