Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exploiting the vunerable

My mother is in her eighties and just lost her husband.

Her mobile account was in her husband's name with Direct debit  from her bank account.  So I was helping and on the call with her and v mobile  to change the account  over. All was supposedly good but today she gets an sms requesting do x y z with pac code if she wants to retain her existing  number!!! There was NEVER any mention  of having to do this on the call with support. Now she is worried  at a time she could well do without. Someone needs to get back to  me on this asap.

Likewise I would  like to know why and how they were on a 45 pm tariff for tv plus band plus land line as to how this is currently  at 78 pm for services non were using or I understand asked for. My mother said my father repeatedly asked for a reduction only no doubt for virgin salesperson to take advantage of their vulnerable position. As an example I believe part of the tariff is tv anywhere but they only have on TV.

As per the above I would like a direct contact  to liaise with me on these items.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exploiting the vunerable

I'll escalate this for you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, when can I expect some one to contact me?

Also can virgin keep a record on these accounts that the account holder is in a vunerable elderly category

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @modemfish 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am very sorry to hear that you have had these issues, this is not the level of service that we aim to provide. 

I would be more than happy to take a look into both of these for you. 

So that I am able to do so, I will need to pass data protection via PM, please keep an eye out on the purple envelope. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is INSULTING!! and PATHETIC!

I do not have details of the account history [please send me all details on  what payment ranges, agreed contracts over the last two years] i understood it was £45- £55 within 2019. [Even this was TOO MUCH} for a household that only needs low broadband. Single TV that needs only to be freeview and a telephone line that requires line rental only, as calls are inbound only. AKA £20-£30pm

BUT TO THE POINT! ~I take offence that you have completely skipped the fact that the account holders are in a vunerable eldely category and you have made no attempt to review the sales tactics pitched at them to get them to agree to over inflated services!! Shame on virgin. To my knowledge you never did an account review with them.Ref : https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-unveils-new-measures-...

Nor have you put on record as per my request that the account holder is within the elderly vunerable category and such sales pitches need to stop.

Please get a senior representative to make contact directly.

Many thanks 

Virgins response:

I have taken a look at the account and regarding the billing, the last time the bill was at £45 was in 2011. 

The current package Is called the bigger bundle, This includes our full house TV, 100M broadband and talk weekends.

If you would like any more information regarding what the package include please do let me know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos