cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etisalat to Virgin same number

Jay110
Tuning in

Hi, a day ago I requested my Etisalat number to be moved to a Virgin contract via the app, no PAC requested or anything. 

I could see before on the app my old number being transferred but now it has gone and there’s only the provisional one.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jay110, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry if I've missed something here, but how have you managed to request a number port without a PAC code?

My understanding is that when requesting a number port, the PAC code and phone number would be the two pieces of information we'd need to obtain from a customer.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi there,

Yes I did it via the app, no ask for a PAC code, not sure what that is.

I paid already a full year for the contract and i got a text from virgin saying they sent the request to my old operator.

im very confused,  I really need my old number and now I’m afraid I’m stuck with a new one. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Isn't Etisalat based in the UAE?

As this is Virgin UK it would be impossible to transfer numbers between countries

I suspect you need this Virgin https://www.virginmobile.ae/ which is a totally different company. You will need to contact them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey yes I’m uae based, so tried to do the switch between companies.  
Is this forum only for UK? I guessed the procedures are pretty much the same, but if there is another Uae forum you know about please let me know.

thank you all for the quick replies. 

Thanks for coming back to us Jay110, yes this is a UK only based forum and unfortunately, we dont know of any forums in the UAE for Virgin Mobile services.

I hope that you can get this resolved very soon.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you so much for the help anyways!