Menu
Koolkat1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Enter SIM ME lock on my Alcatel U5 phone with existing SIM with Virgin

Hi

I have had my existing pay monthly SIM with virgin in my Alcatel U5 phone for some time. I turned my phone on a few days ago and on the screen it says “Enter SIM ME lock” and beneath the key pad it says Network locked - Emergency calls only. If I put it on Airplane mode on WiFi it lets me use Facebook and I can hear notifications. It’s strange as it’s not a new SIM and has been working well up to now. I’ve not been able to make calls or texts for 3 days. My wife has called and messaged Virgin from her phone but they have not got back to us. Any ideas how to solve this please?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enter SIM ME lock on my Alcatel U5 phone with existing SIM with Virgin

Hi Koolkat1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Well that is odd if you haven't had a new SIM card! Can I ask where did you get the phone from? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Koolkat1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enter SIM ME lock on my Alcatel U5 phone with existing SIM with Virgin

Hi

I have since tried my Sim in another phone and it worked fine. I put it back in my phone and it was ok.

It’s as if it’s unlocked the Sim or something by doing this. I was away in a different part of the UK when the problem happened and could not use it for 4 days. But glad it’s ok now.

Thanks

0 Kudos