cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending of Pay As You Go

dandecay
On our wavelength

Please can somebody inform me exactly WHEN I will no longer be able to use my PAYG sim card. I keep getting conflicting dates from the different Virgin agents that I speak to, not to mention the dates mentioned in newspaper articles. Do different people have different dates when their PAYG services will be terminated as Virgin stops this service. I do not feel that Virgin are handling this very well. I was told it would be in January 2022 but then today a rep told me it would be in October!

So, Virgin, please may i have an answer - I am currently using my PAYG in the USA.

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Hi @dandecay thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

As nodrogd has suggested our ending of pay as you go is going to be phased out over the next 3 months.  I am certain you will get your notification.

Regards

Lee_R

@nodrogd wrote:

Some are even getting refunds of any remaining credit.

Interesting that you say "SOME" are even getting refunds of any remaining credit.

Surely EVERYONE should be getting a refund.

Is the refund process automatic if you request a PAC, or do you need to apply for the refund separately (and if so, do you apply for a refund before you request a PAC or after)?

I've read that any refunds are made by direct bank transfer, but I can't find anywhere online to put in your bank details.

As usual, Virgin fail to communicate effectively with their customers. Is anyone who's actually received a refund able to explain how the refund process works?

Hi ianiam,

Thank you for your post. 

If a customer would like their balance to be refunded then they would need to request this prior to the number being disconnected.

We would take the details from the customer to refund this while going through the refund. 

^Martin

dandecay
On our wavelength

Once you request a PAC number, is your number disconnected immediately or only when your new provider activates it?

Could you apply for a PAC number/code, then request a refund, then give the PAC code to your new provider?

Thank you.

Hi dandecay,

Thank you for your post. 

The number would only be disconnected from ourselves once your new provider takes over the number.

Yes, you can get a PAC code and have a refund requested then have number transferred to the new provider. But you would need to leave enough time for the refund to be fully processed before transferring the number. 

^Martin

dandecay
On our wavelength
Thank you, Martin.

How long does it take for the refund to be fully processed? If I have to wait to get this done how long does the PAC code last for? Please confirm the order in which I go about this - do I get the code first, then request the refund, then get the number transferred by giving the new provider the code?

Thanks.

@dandecay wrote:
Thank you, Martin.

How long does it take for the refund to be fully processed? If I have to wait to get this done how long does the PAC code last for? Please confirm the order in which I go about this - do I get the code first, then request the refund, then get the number transferred by giving the new provider the code?

Thanks.

I'm fairly sure the PAC lasts for 30 days so that shouldn't be a problem.

For most people, I think the main issue is how long their phone will be out of use. If Virgin cancel your credit balance but it takes a few days to actually process the refund, you're going to be left with a phone that can only accept incoming calls. Then it's another day for the PAC transfer to take effect until you can start using your number on the new network. Clearly not ideal, and no doubt Virgin will be hoping that people will just forego their refunds to facilitate a speedy transfer. It would be nice if Virgin agreed to donate all unclaimed credit balances to charity rather than keep it for themselves, but I can't really see that happening!

Hi dandecay, 

The order shouldn't really matter, if you port your number out [request PAC and provide PAC to another provider] the refund can be done afterwards. Refunds are processed 7-10 days. 

Cheers,

Corey C

dandecay
On our wavelength
So I have just called Virgin and they have first of all organized a refund to my credit card. They then gave me a PAC code. They said the refund would take 3-5 days. I have given the PAC code to my new PAYG provider. They have said it will take 2 days to become available. Hopefully this sequence of events will help any others with the same concerns.

Thanks to everybody who has replied to my comments with their useful comments.

Thanks for your reply and update, dandecay. Glad the phone care team was able to get things sorted for you.

Cheers,

Corey C