Menu
abeja
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ending mobile contract

Hello everyone,

I wish to cancel my Virgin Mobile contract as I have moved abroad, but I'm not switching, I just want the contract to end. It is impossible to contact Virgin by text, phone, app or any other means, and the STAC they sent me is useless since I am not transferring to another provider.

At this point I must say I'm considering just closing my UK bank account before I've managed to end my Virgin contract, since I can't figure out how to do so and don't want to keep paying monthly fees for a service I am not using.

(I have seen a previous thread on this, but the recommendation to have a friend/family member use the STAC doesn't work for me as I'm abroad and don't have anyone around me with a Virgin mobile account).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Alice

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ending mobile contract

Hi Alice, thank for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to confirm that cancellations aren't something we can help with via the community forums. You would need to speak with the relevant teams - as the lines are busier than usual (0345 600 0789) please try sending a text to +44753 301 6422 for further assistance. 

Tom

0 Kudos
abeja
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your message, it is impossible to reach Virgin by phone or email, I've tried the text message once without success, will try it again since apparently there is no other way.

Alice

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any family/friends in UK who is NOT on the Virgin network?.

If so, you could ask them to use the STAC code you have for you, this will finish your Virgin account - but do nothing to their account on the other network.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos