Menu
Highlighted
Misslostmarbles
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

End of contract phone options

My contract phone ended in November and I haven't used the phone cancelling the contract. I still have the phone and would like to change to another provider but my phone won't accept a new SIM. My old virgin sim also no longer works. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: End of contract phone options

Hi Misslostmarbles,

Thanks for your post.

This could be an issue with the handset if this is rejecting SIMs from multiple providers. If this was a phone purchased from Virgin Mobile it would be a SIM free phone which means any SIM would work. 

If you're looking to bring an older handset from a different provider to a Virgin Mobile SIMO contract you may need an unlock code that can be generated by Virgin or by the provider of the handset

David_Bn

Misslostmarbles
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It's a virgin phone that I wanted to move to ee. The contract was for 2 years so maybe just too old.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Misslostmarbles. Sounds like your phone maybe locked to the VM network from what you have described. To confirm this I will need to ask a few questions.

When the new sim card is in the phone, do you get any error messages or displays on the screen? The messages you will typically see are 'no service or emergency calls only', Look forward to hearing your response.

Thanks Steven_L

0 Kudos