Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emergency Calls Only PAYG with credit

I have a contract phone, which is fine, but I also have a PAYG one which has started telling me I can only make emergency calls. At first I thought I was out of credit but adding £25 hasn't helped at all. It's quite prehistoric, and takes the largest SIM card and, unfortunately, I haven't another one that takes the same card, so I can't swap them out to check, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emergency Calls Only PAYG with credit

Sounds like you have missed all the messages about requiring a new SIM as the old ones are being turned off. You need to contact them to make sure they have up to date information so they can send one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i do recall getting a new SIM for my contract phone, but didn't see any messages about it!

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My new SIM arrived today, took a while to get through to Virgin, but there's a pandemic on so can't complain too much about that, and the SIM came through very quickly once ordered. Only problem - it doesn't work. I'm being asked for a password, but it's not the one that was supplied with the SIM, 7890, that's too short. As far as I can see, I need the NCK code. Anyone have any ideas what I do next?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi neitshade,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there's still an issue with your phone.

Can you please confirm which handset you have?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos