cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email saying request to cancel contract approved

JayW1
Joining in

Had an email saying my request to leave virgin was approved even though i didn't ask for this.  Now i cannot make or receive calls or texts.  

Any idea what has happened Virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ourlass
Tuning in

The same thing’s happened to me. Just phoned Virgin and they say the account is automatically deactivated when migration fails. I have to wait 7-10 working days for them to reactivate my number, then get a PAC code and call O2 to ask them for a manual transfer. Good luck!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JayW1 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this with the email notification and loss of service. We can understand the confusion caused. To best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So, it appears Virgin are just ignoring my messages regarding why, when they should have transferred my account over to O2, then just cancelled my contract and disconnected my line instead.

They said in the last post that a private message was sent to me but they never replied back.

The question still stands; why have Virgin cancelled my account and disconnected my line?

Hi @JayW1 

We have sent you a response via private message. Please provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ourlass
Tuning in

The same thing’s happened to me. Just phoned Virgin and they say the account is automatically deactivated when migration fails. I have to wait 7-10 working days for them to reactivate my number, then get a PAC code and call O2 to ask them for a manual transfer. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that Ourlass.  When i spoke to numerous people at Virgin, one said it would take 3 working days to reactivate, another said 5, a manager said definitely 7 and another person said 7-10 so its going to be next June i think.

They then tried to say the migration failed because I was either out of the country or I had no signal – I was not out of the country and I have full signal where I live.

If the migration fails they completely deactivate someone’s account instead of looking why it failed and seeking to rectify it – a slow-handed clap to the genius that came up with that idea.

Good luck getting your number back Ourlass