Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email recommending non-existent plan - and impossible to contact VM

Hi,

Just received a "little reminder about your plan" email, which summarises my current plan - and presents usual options.

Then the email details a "similar plan" for ~6 pounds per month less than my current monthly amount - HOWEVER this plan:

1. does not exist in my online account page,

2. over the phone, it does not exist in the automated read-out of available plans,

3. impossible to get hold of someone (predicted 45 minutes wait, it is more than that),

4. using SMS service, it texted me a page link where there is no option to check plans (and I assume would land me in one of the above 3 absurdities anyway). 

Is this a very elaborate way to absolutely waste people's time? If I ignore the email, then I might be charged more than what I should - but it is impossible to change to that plan. 

Of course, virtually no available customer service is blamed on Covid. 

Absolute shambles as expected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email recommending non-existent plan - and impossible to contact VM

Hi palmyra08

Thanks for posting an apologies for the delayed reply. 

Have you managed to speak to the team regarding the account since posting?

If not, please either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 if it's to do with a cable account or 789 // 0345 6000 789 if it's to do with a mobile account. You can also text us on either +44753 305 1809 (cable account) or +44753 301 6422 (mobile account.

Texts are automated to begin with but only to get you get through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email recommending non-existent plan - and impossible to contact VM

Also received a letter offering a cheaper plan that was not available online or via 789.  Had to spend a lot of time via the SMS service to get the plan offered and agreed.  Huge waste of time for me and not clear why VM wants to cause this amount of dissatisfaction when the plan could be offered online along with the other plans offered.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos